Interesting Facts About Odisha: Odisha formerly known as Utkal or Kalinga is an Indian state situated on The eastern side of India in The Lap of Eastern ghat and the Bay of Bengal. It is the 8th largest state in terms of area and 11th largest by population in India. Odisha is a State filled with rich Cultural assets and biodiversity.
The Clear Beaches, Huge Mountains, Cristal Clear River & Beautifull Waterfalls enhance the Beauty Of Odisha in such a way that, It attracts Lots of People and tourists Towards its Beauty. There are a lot of things about Odisha that are not always easily accessible to people outside Odisha. So in this post, we are going to cover some interesting facts about Odisha.
Some Interesting Facts About Odisha
- Puri – One of the 4 Dhams is the most famous tourist place in Odisha. The lord Jagannath temple in puri is filled with lots of mystery and devotion. More than 1 lakh devotees take Mahaprasad in PURI each day.
- Odisha is the first among the states to be formed based on linguistics basis.
- The Largest Village in Asia is Bhuban situated in the Dhenkanal districts of Odisha.
- The capital city of Odisha, Bhubaneswar is also known as the temple city due to its large no of historical temples. There are more than 600 temples present in different corners of Bhubaneswar which are more than 3000 years old.
- Konark temple in Odisha is an architectural marvel which shows the time of the day in his wheel.
- The State Dance form of Odisha, Odissi is the oldest surviving dance form of India.
- Rasogola , The Famous sweet of India also originated from Odisha.
- Dhamara port located in Odisha is one of the deepest ports in India.
- Hirakud dam in Sambalpur district in Odisha is the longest river dam in Asia.
- The Largest open-air theater Dhanu yatra is also hosted in the Baragarh district of Odisha.
- The Leaning temple Huma, Situated in Sambalpur Odisha is the only leaning temple in World.
- The capital city of Odisha Bhubaneswar is also known as the sports capital of Odisha.
- Chilika lake in Odisha is the largest Saltwater lake in Asia and is famous for migratory birds. Thousands of migratory birds from Siberia come to chilika in winter.
- Odisha has 485 kilometers of coastline and the most beautiful, pristine, and unexplored beaches in India.
- 34 rare white tigers live in NandanKanan zoological park in Odisha.
There are so many such things present in Odisha, Which makes it proud to be every people of Odisha to be an Odia. In this post we just cover some facts about Odisha. In the Future, we are coming up with more interesting facts about our Beautifull land Odisha. The state of Odisha is diverse with many things from sports to tourism in each sector Odisha is creating history and making an example in the Country.
Read More: Bande Utkal Janani, Odishas National Anthem.
What was the old name of Odisha?
Ans: Koshala, Kalinga & Utkala are the old names of Odisha.
Which is the famous dance form of Odisha?
Ans: Odissi is the famous state dance form of Odisha.
Who is the capital of Odisha?
Ans: Bhubaneswar is the Capital of Odisha.
Who is the Chief minister of Odisha?
Ans: Sri Naveen Patnaik is the Chief Minister of Odisha.